The TRAMOOC consortium had set a great number of ambitious goals and objectives which led to a number of significant achieved impacts:
- Enhancement of the translation performance of language pairs by training the translation engine and by improving the quality of the coverage and the technical maturity of Machine Translation (MT) solutions.
- The TraMOOC platform became the single platform for machine translation and for the first time a translation platform that offered reliable translation services for 11, i.e. nine European and two BRIC (Brazil, Russia, India, China), languages.
- The novel translation services offered by TraMOOC focused on addressing various types of educational MOOC text, i.e. readings, presentations, assignments, video lecture subtitles, MOOC forum blog text, which were not covered by any of the existing translation platforms.
- TraMOOC provided high quality machine translation service, even though the target languages included weakly supported languages as well as languages that have been proven hard to translate into in previous MT solutions and it introduced several novel translation evaluation schemata that add significantly to the value of existing tools and resources in the scientific areas of linguistics, natural language processing text analytics, data mining and machine translation scientific communities.
- Addressing the linguistics, natural language processing text analytics, data mining and machine translation scientific communities, the project introduced several novel translation evaluation schemata that add significantly to the value of existing tools and resources in all these areas.
- Enhancement of the equality and inclusion of otherwise not included groups in the educational field, which enabled the upgrading of the workers’ dexterities and knowledge, increasing this way their employability and promoting language learning.
- Via the platform’s functionality of subtitle translation, TraMOOC enabled European and world citizen’s access to multimedia content previously unavailable due to language restrictions.